A Lesson Learned at Cedar Breaks

I have discovered a new thing about myself on this trip. I get into panic mode when one of my relatives (especially my children) get too close to an edge of a cliff. Jared really enjoyed climbing and standing on edges. At times I wanted to crawl out of my skin I was so nervous. I seemed to be OK if I stood on the edge. I just could not take the thought of watching someone I loved fall off the edge. On one of the hikes the kids were up ahead and found a rock to climb. From a distance I thought it was cool and wanted to join them. As I climbed the rock with my daughters and sister, the panic mode began to sink in. I realized that one side of the rock was hanging over a very step drop off into the canyon below. I made them all sit and was very content once they all got off the rock. The rock in this picture will always remind me of my nervous behavior. I do hope it goes away (to some extent).























No comments: