Something to Ponder

A couple of days a week I go over to my friend Lyssa's house so that she can watch Lexi while I run. When I get back, I then watch her children so that she can run. It works out Perfect! This morning I pulled a random book off of her shelf while she was out running. The book was Prayers That Bring Miracles by Stephen M. Bird.
My intention was not to get enlightenment but to fill time. It is a miracle to me that a thought, a person, or a simple little sentence causes me to stop and ponder and feel. It is as if Heavenly Father places little "time stoppers" in my day to day routine to let me know 'He is there'. To you, the reader of my blog, the sentence that touched me so deeply might not be a big deal. That is what the miracle is. Was it just by chance that on this day I grabbed that particular book and turned to page 2 of the introduction and began reading? Or was it controlled by another force that I do not yet fully understand? I am blessed indeed to know that Heavenly Father is real. He knows me and He knows my heart and my desires. This is a spiritual experience we are having in this life.
If you are going to take the time to read my blog I will take the time to throw out a challenge. I challenge you to look for those "time stoppers" in your daily lives. Our days are usually filled with monotonous tasks and duties. Daily miracles are all around us. God's love is endless. Feel it and be aware of it. Keep your spiritual eyes open.

This is the simple little statement that caused me such contemplation. It stopped time for me today. All of a sudden my laundry could wait (as it always can) and my errands didn't seem as important.

"Miracles are natural experiences, for we are really spiritual beings. Our essence is spiritual, and we wear our bodies like a garment."

5 comments:

DebbieLou said...

Thanks for sharing that. I know what you mean though. I've had lots of those experiences, and I'm positive that they were divinly placed there.

Liesl said...

Hey Tam, thanks for sharing! I love that!! I do feel like the more simplified my days are the more I am able to have/notice experiences like that.

Anonymous said...

Yes, I agree! I, recently, had a "time stopper" moment, also. that caused me much inner-contemplation. The car in front of me, at the stop light, had a bumper sticker that said. "A bad day of fishing is better than a good day at work. I grabbed my poles, and it was off to the river!

It was, totally, a miracle, and a defining moment in my life. And I was glad that I had a daughter just like me. Love, Your Dad

Sarah said...

Tami that is such an awesome understanding of such a profound gospel principle. Thanks for sharing, love ya sarah

lyssamcaleavy said...

Tami...thanks for your post, it was so inspiring. I'm so happy you found that book because I want to go back and read it again. I am going to take your challenge

By the way...where were you Monday? :) I hope you guys are all feeling better over there.